Alibaba Joins in Meituan’s US$50M Series B Financing
According to reliable sources, meituan.com has just completed its series B financing round of US$50M, and Alibaba Group invested in this round. The fund has been received in full, sources said.
Both meituan.com and Alibaba declined to disclose further information regarding the investment by Alibaba Group.
But it is worth noting that meituan.com issued an invitation letter to the press, announcing that it has completed the series B financing on July 4, 2011, raising a high amount of funding from several well-known investment firms. Meituan.com will disclose further details to the media about the financing on July 7.
This is also the first time for Alibaba to invest in an independent group buying company.
Last September, meituan.com had ever received tens of millions of USD from Sequoia Capital in its first round of financing.
- Related News
- 2011-07-08Meituan.com Scores US$50M in Series B Financing Round
- 2011-03-07Meituan.com Gains Tens of Millions of USD from Sequoia Capital
Popular in 24 Hours
- China’s Online Travel Market Hots Up2011-05-18
- Miqi.cn Wins RMB10M Angel Investment to Initiate Recruitment Plan2011-04-12
- hiSoft Acquires Envisage Solutions2007-02-28
- Shanghai Pharma Eyes North China Market With 4B Yuan Acquisition 2010-11-30
- Blackstone Sends Top Executive to Hong Kong2010-12-14
- Q3'09 Sees PE Fundraising and Investment Steadily Rebounding; RMB Funds Lead the Trend; Traditional Industry Garners More Investment; Growth Capital Investment Regains Popularity2009-10-22
- First RMB Hotel Fund Sponsored by Banyan Tree Holdings Limited 2011-01-20
- IDG Invests over US$10M in Wondershare Software 2011-06-27
- 3 Ways to Invest in China2011-06-02
- RMB PE Funds still Expanding; Domestic LPs yet to Be Mobilized2009-06-03