Primavera Capital Raised USD2Billion
One year after Fred Hu, former Chairman of Greater China at Goldman Sachs Group, joined the private equity industry, his PE fund had raised over US$2.00B. The first investment will be made in a Shanghai-based medicinal & chemical enterprise.
After leaving Goldman Sachs, Fred Hu moved into the private equity sector. It was said that he would raise a PE fund worth US$10.00B. However, there was a big gap between the reality and rumors. Recently, Lian Jie, a partner of Primavera Capital, disclosed that Primavera Capital financed about US$2.00B and was ready to invest in Shanghai Chemspec Corporation.
Shanghai Chemspec Corporation was established in 1996 and mainly engaged in outsourcing supporting R&D and production service of electronic materials, small molecule chemical drugs and pesticide products. Currently, it is a listed company on NYSE. According to the scheme jointly made with Primavera Capital, Shanghai Chemspec will delist from US after transactions and finally realize re-listing on Asian market.
- Related News
- 2012-05-23Private Investment to Enter into More Sectors
- 2012-05-09CBC Capital Leads Series D Investment in Evernote
- 2011-08-02Intel Capital Announces Three Investment Projects in China
- 2011-07-25CICC to Manage Trust Company
- 2011-06-29Green Pine Capital Partners Pumps RMB20M into LeWa
Popular in 24 Hours
- Douguo Completes Series C Financing of US$25M from Hillhouse Capital and Crystal Stream Ventures2014-11-19
- Yu Minhong’s Second Startup: Hong Tai Fund Raises RMB200M from Tens of LPs2014-11-19
- Hong Kong Startup GoGoVan Gains US$10M Investment from Renren2014-11-19
- Chinese Internet Enterprises Embrace a New Listing Boom in US in 2014; Losses Cannot Prevent Stock Prices from Rising 2014-11-21
- PP Zuche Gets Series B Investment of US$60M from IDG and Morningside Ventures2014-11-05
- Lei Jun Announces Appointment of Chen Tong as Content Investment and Operation Vice President2014-11-04
- SouFun Purchases 16% Equity of Tospur Real Estate for RMB381M2014-11-04
- Momo Applies for IPO on NASDAQ to Raise US$300M2014-11-08
- CSC Group Plans to Raise RMB9B on New Third Board2014-11-14
- 12 Sport Apps Win Investments from VCs; Codoon Valued Highest at US$150M2014-11-11