Primavera Capital Raised USD2Billion
One year after Fred Hu, former Chairman of Greater China at Goldman Sachs Group, joined the private equity industry, his PE fund had raised over US$2.00B. The first investment will be made in a Shanghai-based medicinal & chemical enterprise.
After leaving Goldman Sachs, Fred Hu moved into the private equity sector. It was said that he would raise a PE fund worth US$10.00B. However, there was a big gap between the reality and rumors. Recently, Lian Jie, a partner of Primavera Capital, disclosed that Primavera Capital financed about US$2.00B and was ready to invest in Shanghai Chemspec Corporation.
Shanghai Chemspec Corporation was established in 1996 and mainly engaged in outsourcing supporting R&D and production service of electronic materials, small molecule chemical drugs and pesticide products. Currently, it is a listed company on NYSE. According to the scheme jointly made with Primavera Capital, Shanghai Chemspec will delist from US after transactions and finally realize re-listing on Asian market.
- Related News
- 2012-05-23Private Investment to Enter into More Sectors
- 2012-05-09CBC Capital Leads Series D Investment in Evernote
- 2011-08-02Intel Capital Announces Three Investment Projects in China
- 2011-07-25CICC to Manage Trust Company
- 2011-06-29Green Pine Capital Partners Pumps RMB20M into LeWa
Popular in 24 Hours
- The China Mixed Ownership Reform Research Report 2014 Is Released; PEs Bide Their Time2014-10-10
- Research on First PE Firm Listed on New Third Board; PE Firm Benchmark Study—Jiuding Capital Released2014-10-24
- Vicki Zhao’s Gold-digging Map: From Actress to Investor2014-10-20
- September Sees IPOs Remaining Stable and More Attention Paid to Overseas IPOs 2014-10-17
- Renren CEO Chen Yizhou: Waiting for Appropriate Opportunities2014-10-15
- Guahao.com Gains Over US$100M Investment led by Tencent2014-10-13
- 15-20 Companies Are Expected to Get Fifth Batch of IPO Approvals within This Week2014-10-14
- Ma Dongmin Ranks the Fifth in the 2014 Hurun China's Women Rich List with RMB22.5B2014-10-21
- One-year-old Second-hand Car P2P Sales Platform Beepi Raises US$60M2014-10-07
- Alibaba Leads the US$100M Investment in VIPABC2014-02-17