Primavera Capital Raised USD2Billion
One year after Fred Hu, former Chairman of Greater China at Goldman Sachs Group, joined the private equity industry, his PE fund had raised over US$2.00B. The first investment will be made in a Shanghai-based medicinal & chemical enterprise.
After leaving Goldman Sachs, Fred Hu moved into the private equity sector. It was said that he would raise a PE fund worth US$10.00B. However, there was a big gap between the reality and rumors. Recently, Lian Jie, a partner of Primavera Capital, disclosed that Primavera Capital financed about US$2.00B and was ready to invest in Shanghai Chemspec Corporation.
Shanghai Chemspec Corporation was established in 1996 and mainly engaged in outsourcing supporting R&D and production service of electronic materials, small molecule chemical drugs and pesticide products. Currently, it is a listed company on NYSE. According to the scheme jointly made with Primavera Capital, Shanghai Chemspec will delist from US after transactions and finally realize re-listing on Asian market.
- Related News
- 2012-05-23Private Investment to Enter into More Sectors
- 2012-05-09CBC Capital Leads Series D Investment in Evernote
- 2011-08-02Intel Capital Announces Three Investment Projects in China
- 2011-07-25CICC to Manage Trust Company
- 2011-06-29Green Pine Capital Partners Pumps RMB20M into LeWa
Popular in 24 Hours
- People Group to Acquire Three Cultural Companies at RMB3.1B; Sun Honglei Hopeful to Reap RMB10M2014-08-26
- Source Code Capital Founder Cao Yi: Learn from Shunwei 2014-08-25
- Qualified Investor System Raises Investment Threshold and Ends the Era of “PE by All”2014-08-25
- New Trend in China’s Internet Industry: Everyone Can Be an Angel 2014-08-26
- Vessyl Obtains US$3M of Seed Funds from Investors 2014-08-25
- Three Ways to Go Public in Australia: IPO, Refinancing after Listing & Back-door Listing2014-08-18
- IDG Raises New Fund of over US$100M for Young Entrepreneurs of Post-90s Generation2014-08-12
- Laguo.com Gets Series B Fundraising of RMB150M 2014-08-20
- Rules for New Third Board Market Makers Will Be Implemented Next Week; 66 Brokers Are Qualified2014-08-20
- IDreamSky Games Goes Public in NASDAQ2014-08-11