Primavera Capital Raised USD2Billion
One year after Fred Hu, former Chairman of Greater China at Goldman Sachs Group, joined the private equity industry, his PE fund had raised over US$2.00B. The first investment will be made in a Shanghai-based medicinal & chemical enterprise.
After leaving Goldman Sachs, Fred Hu moved into the private equity sector. It was said that he would raise a PE fund worth US$10.00B. However, there was a big gap between the reality and rumors. Recently, Lian Jie, a partner of Primavera Capital, disclosed that Primavera Capital financed about US$2.00B and was ready to invest in Shanghai Chemspec Corporation.
Shanghai Chemspec Corporation was established in 1996 and mainly engaged in outsourcing supporting R&D and production service of electronic materials, small molecule chemical drugs and pesticide products. Currently, it is a listed company on NYSE. According to the scheme jointly made with Primavera Capital, Shanghai Chemspec will delist from US after transactions and finally realize re-listing on Asian market.
- Related News
- 2012-05-23Private Investment to Enter into More Sectors
- 2012-05-09CBC Capital Leads Series D Investment in Evernote
- 2011-08-02Intel Capital Announces Three Investment Projects in China
- 2011-07-25CICC to Manage Trust Company
- 2011-06-29Green Pine Capital Partners Pumps RMB20M into LeWa
Popular in 24 Hours
- 37 PE Institutions Completed Registration and above One Thousand Line up to Wait Prior to One-month Countdown for Registration Deadline2014-03-27
- Logan Property Initiates Its Hong Kong IPO2013-12-18
- Inman Gains Investment from IDG and Alibaba2014-02-11
- Q1’11 Saw US$3.36B Raised, 232 Investments Unprecedentedly Taking Place and 118 Exits Completed in Chinese VC Market2011-04-18
- Sohu.com Soars Along With Web Video Traffic And Ads2011-03-30
- How to Get out of Vicious Development Cycle for a Top Tea-producing Country2009-06-25
- 500wan.com Plans to List in the US2013-10-23
- M&A Value Rose in August；CITIC Securities Gets Absolute Control of China Asset Management2013-08-29
- Small VC/PE Deals Dominate January; Internet Sector Picks up in Investment2013-03-01
- Infinity Investment Group Injects Funds into Jiupai Pharmaceutical2010-12-07