Primavera Capital Raised USD2Billion
One year after Fred Hu, former Chairman of Greater China at Goldman Sachs Group, joined the private equity industry, his PE fund had raised over US$2.00B. The first investment will be made in a Shanghai-based medicinal & chemical enterprise.
After leaving Goldman Sachs, Fred Hu moved into the private equity sector. It was said that he would raise a PE fund worth US$10.00B. However, there was a big gap between the reality and rumors. Recently, Lian Jie, a partner of Primavera Capital, disclosed that Primavera Capital financed about US$2.00B and was ready to invest in Shanghai Chemspec Corporation.
Shanghai Chemspec Corporation was established in 1996 and mainly engaged in outsourcing supporting R&D and production service of electronic materials, small molecule chemical drugs and pesticide products. Currently, it is a listed company on NYSE. According to the scheme jointly made with Primavera Capital, Shanghai Chemspec will delist from US after transactions and finally realize re-listing on Asian market.
- Related News
- 2012-05-23Private Investment to Enter into More Sectors
- 2012-05-09CBC Capital Leads Series D Investment in Evernote
- 2011-08-02Intel Capital Announces Three Investment Projects in China
- 2011-07-25CICC to Manage Trust Company
- 2011-06-29Green Pine Capital Partners Pumps RMB20M into LeWa
Popular in 24 Hours
- September Sees IPOs Remaining Stable and More Attention Paid to Overseas IPOs 2014-10-17
- The China Mixed Ownership Reform Research Report 2014 Is Released; PEs Bide Their Time2014-10-10
- Anbang Acquires European Insurance Company FIDEA2014-10-14
- Fosun’s Guo Guangchang Learns the Best Model from Buffett2014-10-09
- Ant Finance Fuels the Development of Alibaba2014-10-14
- Tririver Capital Announces Fundraising of Its 2nd Bio/ Healthcare Industry Fund2014-10-15
- Detailed Rules for Transfer Mechanism of New Third Board Will Be Stage out at Year End2014-10-15
- Hc360.com Will Shift from HKGEM to HKMB for IPO on Oct. 10 2014-10-08
- One-year-old Second-hand Car P2P Sales Platform Beepi Raises US$60M2014-10-07
- Vista Acquires Business Software Company Tibco with US$4.3B2014-09-30