Primavera Capital Raised USD2Billion
One year after Fred Hu, former Chairman of Greater China at Goldman Sachs Group, joined the private equity industry, his PE fund had raised over US$2.00B. The first investment will be made in a Shanghai-based medicinal & chemical enterprise.
After leaving Goldman Sachs, Fred Hu moved into the private equity sector. It was said that he would raise a PE fund worth US$10.00B. However, there was a big gap between the reality and rumors. Recently, Lian Jie, a partner of Primavera Capital, disclosed that Primavera Capital financed about US$2.00B and was ready to invest in Shanghai Chemspec Corporation.
Shanghai Chemspec Corporation was established in 1996 and mainly engaged in outsourcing supporting R&D and production service of electronic materials, small molecule chemical drugs and pesticide products. Currently, it is a listed company on NYSE. According to the scheme jointly made with Primavera Capital, Shanghai Chemspec will delist from US after transactions and finally realize re-listing on Asian market.
- Related News
- 2012-05-23Private Investment to Enter into More Sectors
- 2012-05-09CBC Capital Leads Series D Investment in Evernote
- 2011-08-02Intel Capital Announces Three Investment Projects in China
- 2011-07-25CICC to Manage Trust Company
- 2011-06-29Green Pine Capital Partners Pumps RMB20M into LeWa
Popular in 24 Hours
- Zero2IPO Data: China’s M&A Activity to Be Stable in Apr, Real Estate M&A Rising2013-05-17
- Istart Ventures LLC Completes Series A Financing for Anfu Kelin2013-04-16
- Small VC/PE Deals Dominate January; Internet Sector Picks up in Investment2013-03-01
- Chinese E-commerce’s Self-built Logistics, Capital Game or General Trend?2011-08-12
- Duowan Completes US$100M Financing2011-07-27
- M&As Closed by Chinese Enterprises Rises in August, Real Estate Industry Leads2012-09-06
- Owtware Gets First-Round VC Investment from SAI2012-08-27
- September Sees 12 Chinese IPOs, a New Low in Proceeds in 3 Years2012-09-09
- Anhui Province Establishes First VC Firm2009-03-25
- Real Estate M&A Likely to Exceed 100 Deals Unprecedentedly in 20112011-04-08