Primavera Capital Raised USD2Billion
One year after Fred Hu, former Chairman of Greater China at Goldman Sachs Group, joined the private equity industry, his PE fund had raised over US$2.00B. The first investment will be made in a Shanghai-based medicinal & chemical enterprise.
After leaving Goldman Sachs, Fred Hu moved into the private equity sector. It was said that he would raise a PE fund worth US$10.00B. However, there was a big gap between the reality and rumors. Recently, Lian Jie, a partner of Primavera Capital, disclosed that Primavera Capital financed about US$2.00B and was ready to invest in Shanghai Chemspec Corporation.
Shanghai Chemspec Corporation was established in 1996 and mainly engaged in outsourcing supporting R&D and production service of electronic materials, small molecule chemical drugs and pesticide products. Currently, it is a listed company on NYSE. According to the scheme jointly made with Primavera Capital, Shanghai Chemspec will delist from US after transactions and finally realize re-listing on Asian market.
- Related News
- 2012-05-23Private Investment to Enter into More Sectors
- 2012-05-09CBC Capital Leads Series D Investment in Evernote
- 2011-08-02Intel Capital Announces Three Investment Projects in China
- 2011-07-25CICC to Manage Trust Company
- 2011-06-29Green Pine Capital Partners Pumps RMB20M into LeWa
Popular in 24 Hours
- Zero2IPO Group Successfully Raises Two RMB funds and Shifts Focus to Mobile2013-12-02
- AMC Affiliated to Wang Jianlin Plans to Raise US$368M through IPO2013-12-03
- China Everbright Bank Applies for H-share IPO A Third Time2013-11-26
- LaFaSo.com Raises Fund of Tens of Millions of USD 2012-04-18
- Dayuan Chemical Proposes to Acquire Liuyanghe Liquor2013-12-02
- Six Highlights in M&As of Listed Enterprises; Rising Cooperation between Listed Companies and PEs2013-11-21
- Kuaidadi Formally Announces the Acquisition of Dahuangfeng2013-11-26
- Eventown.com.cn Completes RMB10M Round A Fundraising2013-12-03
- Alibaba Group Is Rumored to Make a Strategic Investment in Ttpod.com2013-12-02
- 591wed.com Raises Tens of Millions of Yuan from Govtor Capital2013-12-02