Primavera Capital Raised USD2Billion
One year after Fred Hu, former Chairman of Greater China at Goldman Sachs Group, joined the private equity industry, his PE fund had raised over US$2.00B. The first investment will be made in a Shanghai-based medicinal & chemical enterprise.
After leaving Goldman Sachs, Fred Hu moved into the private equity sector. It was said that he would raise a PE fund worth US$10.00B. However, there was a big gap between the reality and rumors. Recently, Lian Jie, a partner of Primavera Capital, disclosed that Primavera Capital financed about US$2.00B and was ready to invest in Shanghai Chemspec Corporation.
Shanghai Chemspec Corporation was established in 1996 and mainly engaged in outsourcing supporting R&D and production service of electronic materials, small molecule chemical drugs and pesticide products. Currently, it is a listed company on NYSE. According to the scheme jointly made with Primavera Capital, Shanghai Chemspec will delist from US after transactions and finally realize re-listing on Asian market.
- Related News
- 2012-05-23Private Investment to Enter into More Sectors
- 2012-05-09CBC Capital Leads Series D Investment in Evernote
- 2011-08-02Intel Capital Announces Three Investment Projects in China
- 2011-07-25CICC to Manage Trust Company
- 2011-06-29Green Pine Capital Partners Pumps RMB20M into LeWa
Popular in 24 Hours
- World’s Largest P2P Website will Go for IPO in Q3’14 at the Earliest2014-07-21
- iDreamSky Games Announces IPO Issue Price: US$12- US$14 Per Share2014-07-28
- Dianwoba Gains US$10M Investment from Top VCs2014-07-29
- Line and US Venture Capital Company Jointly Establish an Investment Fund of Nearly US$10M2014-07-21
- Line Files IPO Application in Japan with US$9.8B Valuation 2014-07-16
- LPs Number up to 9,589; Listed Companies’ Participation in Establishment of Buyout Funds Becomes the Trend 2014-07-18
- Hony Investment: Why Do I Spend RMB10B on a Pizza Shop2014-07-23
- Fosun Group Launches Culture Investment Fund Together with Shanghai Film Group2014-07-29
- Yuantiku.com Raises US$15M in Series C Fundraising, with Valuation of US$125M2014-07-22
- Zhou Hongyi and Liu Qiangdong Come Together2014-07-28