Primavera Capital Raised USD2Billion
One year after Fred Hu, former Chairman of Greater China at Goldman Sachs Group, joined the private equity industry, his PE fund had raised over US$2.00B. The first investment will be made in a Shanghai-based medicinal & chemical enterprise.
After leaving Goldman Sachs, Fred Hu moved into the private equity sector. It was said that he would raise a PE fund worth US$10.00B. However, there was a big gap between the reality and rumors. Recently, Lian Jie, a partner of Primavera Capital, disclosed that Primavera Capital financed about US$2.00B and was ready to invest in Shanghai Chemspec Corporation.
Shanghai Chemspec Corporation was established in 1996 and mainly engaged in outsourcing supporting R&D and production service of electronic materials, small molecule chemical drugs and pesticide products. Currently, it is a listed company on NYSE. According to the scheme jointly made with Primavera Capital, Shanghai Chemspec will delist from US after transactions and finally realize re-listing on Asian market.
- Related News
- 2012-05-23Private Investment to Enter into More Sectors
- 2012-05-09CBC Capital Leads Series D Investment in Evernote
- 2011-08-02Intel Capital Announces Three Investment Projects in China
- 2011-07-25CICC to Manage Trust Company
- 2011-06-29Green Pine Capital Partners Pumps RMB20M into LeWa
Popular in 24 Hours
- DCM VII Raises A Total of US$330M2014-03-04
- Corporate governance matters--The role and perspectives of the private equity industry in China2014-02-19
- 17u.cn Receives RMB500M from Tencent2014-02-17
- Alibaba Leads the US$100M Investment in VIPABC2014-02-17
- Fosun Invests RMB210.5M in Secret Recipe2014-02-17
- Xishanju Gets US$20M from Xiaomi2014-02-17
- To8to.com Gains Round B Investment Led by Sequoia Capital2014-02-19
- Tencent Acquires 20% Stake in Dianping.com2014-02-20
- Fosun Pharma to Privatize Chindex with TPG2014-02-18
- ClearVue Partners Overfulfills Fundraising2014-02-18