Primavera Capital Raised USD2Billion
One year after Fred Hu, former Chairman of Greater China at Goldman Sachs Group, joined the private equity industry, his PE fund had raised over US$2.00B. The first investment will be made in a Shanghai-based medicinal & chemical enterprise.
After leaving Goldman Sachs, Fred Hu moved into the private equity sector. It was said that he would raise a PE fund worth US$10.00B. However, there was a big gap between the reality and rumors. Recently, Lian Jie, a partner of Primavera Capital, disclosed that Primavera Capital financed about US$2.00B and was ready to invest in Shanghai Chemspec Corporation.
Shanghai Chemspec Corporation was established in 1996 and mainly engaged in outsourcing supporting R&D and production service of electronic materials, small molecule chemical drugs and pesticide products. Currently, it is a listed company on NYSE. According to the scheme jointly made with Primavera Capital, Shanghai Chemspec will delist from US after transactions and finally realize re-listing on Asian market.
- Related News
- 2012-05-23Private Investment to Enter into More Sectors
- 2012-05-09CBC Capital Leads Series D Investment in Evernote
- 2011-08-02Intel Capital Announces Three Investment Projects in China
- 2011-07-25CICC to Manage Trust Company
- 2011-06-29Green Pine Capital Partners Pumps RMB20M into LeWa
Popular in 24 Hours
- Founders Are Expelled by VC/PEs2014-09-16
- Chinese and Foreign Institutions Take Different Attitudes towards Sinopec’s Reform in Mixed Ownership2014-09-16
- China Renaissance Acts as Talent Scout for Chinese Internet Enterprises and Encourages Corporate Intrapreneurship2014-09-03
- Alibaba Up-regulates IPO Pricing Range to US$66-US$682014-09-16
- Shanghai Xiaolin Technology Receives Investment from Huile Group2008-12-17
- Eight PE Fund Firms Settle Down in Tianjin2010-01-22
- New Horizon Capital Invests RMB250M in VATS Liquor2010-11-10
- Jimubox Raises US$31.79M in Round B Financing2014-09-10
- July Sees M&As Persistently Rising and Energy & Mineral Industry Performing Noticeably Well 2014-08-20
- New Trend in China’s Internet Industry: Everyone Can Be an Angel 2014-08-26