Warburg Pincus Leads Third-round Investment to DHgate.com with RMB200M
Warburg Pincus ("WP"), a leading PE investor, made a joint announcement with DHgate.com on Mar. 24 that the two sides had signed an agreement on long-term strategic cooperation. DHgate.com has received about RMB200M in a third-round investment led by WP. The other two investors, KPCB China and JAFCO Asia, also participated the previous two rounds of investment.
Wang Shutong, founder and CEO of DHgate.com, said that an explosive growth of online foreign trade market is just at the door now. It is estimated that the turnover of the foreign trade online will reach RMB10B in 2010. The figure may surge to US$10B in the coming three years.
DHgate.com had completed two rounds of investment with investors including some globally recognized institutions, such as KPCB China and JAFCO Asia. The investment from WP plus the funds received in the previous two rounds totals nearly RMB300M. After this round of financing, DHgate.com plans to strengthen its leading position on the market by realizing large-scale growth of buyers and sellers, enhancing customer experience and launching customized value-added services.
- Related News
Popular in 24 Hours
- The Number of LPs in VC/PE Market Increases to 5,887 in H1’12, Listed Companies Expand in Adversity2012-08-17
- Formation of PE RMB Funds by Foreign PE Firms-Status, Opportunities and Challenges2009-09-10
- Sequoia Capital Invests in "Aobi Island"2009-12-11
- Small VC/PE Deals Dominate January; Internet Sector Picks up in Investment2013-03-01
- Organic Agriculture-An Emerging Industry in China2009-10-28
- Wanxiang Group Acquired US-based AI Company2007-07-10
- Baidu's Robin Li Richest on Mainland2012-03-09
- CDB Guochuang Kaiyuan FoF Reaches Second Closing of RMB Fund2012-04-21
- How to Get out of Vicious Development Cycle for a Top Tea-producing Country2009-06-25
- Jiuding Capital Pumps RMB150M into Hongqi Chain Store2010-06-10